General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Overview of ideas from the card games not yet covered here

There are already some posts with ideas from the card game:

https://werewolves.uservoice.com/forums/170033-general/suggestions/18455155-werewolf-millerhollow-pack-addition-consideration

https://werewolves.uservoice.com/forums/170033-general/suggestions/3785849-the-village-idiot-role

https://werewolves.uservoice.com/forums/170033-general/suggestions/19543348-add-a-new-role-the-scapegoat

I wanted to complete the overview here:

Flute Player (Neutral) - Every night, the Flute Player chooses a set amount of players to enchant with his flute (in the card game it's 2 per night). These people become Enchanted - nothing changes to their alignment, abilities etc... During the day, all Enchanted people will see the names of all other Enchanted people in a different colour, giving them all an overview of who is Enchanted. The Flute Player wins if all people that remain alive in…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Role: Spirit Walker

Every night, the Spirit Walker can choose whether to view the graveyard, or stay normal.
      If they visit the GY, they can view graveyard chat for the coming day, but can't vote or speak - in GY or village.
      If they don't visit, they act like a normal villager throughout the day.

They would be a Coven role, but could also work with village.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Venomous Wolf

A wolf role, that instead of having normal killing power, can bite someone with an ability, poisoning them. The effected player would be fine that morning, but would die the night after. The Poison ability would be able to be used alongside the wolf pack's normal kill.

A limit to the ability might be good, perhaps two-time usage. (one-time seems a bit weak).

If unlimited however, there is no need to revert if other wolves are gone...

So basically, more killing power overall, but delayed killing, and if the venomous wolf doesn't revert, then the delays could be fatal...

(Semi-idea:…

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Wolf Cub (Role)

A Wolf Cub is a member of the Wolfpack faction. A Wolf Cub is not a killing wolf, and will revert (mature) to normal Werewolf the last. When a Wolf Cub dies, no matter in day or night, all normal Werewolves turn into an Alphawolf.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • The Royal faction

Win condition:

All members of the Royal will win if either the Village faction or the King role wins. The number of Royal roles alive is also counted for the Village faction's win condition only if the King isn't alive.

Win flavor:
            (1) If the king loses: [Same as village]
            (2) If the king wins: [See Roles: King]
            ---

Roles:

Note:
            Bloodhounds see all Royal roles as "member of Royal", a Beholder beholding the Bloodhound sees that the Bloodhound saw the target as a member of Village.
            Seers see the exact role of the Royal.
            The only weak role that…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Add a new role: the Lich

The basic concept of this role is that it needs to be in the Graveyard for it to have special functions. This makes the role totally different from all other roles (except for Messiah, I guess, whose function relates to a visit to the Graveyard as well). Therefore it may be an interesting addition. You could go in many different directions from this starting point; I’ve outlined a few directions that my mind went in from there....

First of all, you should exclude the Lich from being able to use abilities if they end up in Graveyard due to smite.…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Add a new role: the Scapegoat

Village role, modeled after the Scapegoat in the Full Moon expansion, but then more appropriate for this type of game. The Scapegoat dies instead of the lynch target if the lynch target is village-aligned. So if player X is lynched, and X is village-aligned, the message right before nightfall will be ‘Player Y is lynched’ (Y being the Scapegoat).

This will create a buffer for if village makes the wrong decision on lynches, and gives them good feedback on who they’ve slain: if there are two rival seer claims, one of them being real and the other being evil, they…

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                • Add a new role: a spy role

A village role that can try to eavesdrop on a secret faction each night. If he chooses a villager, nothing happens. If he chooses a person from an evil faction, he will have a certain chance to get access to that faction’s night chat (say 20-50%) --> You don’t want to make it a certainty that you get access to night chat if you target the right person, because then the spy role automatically functions as Seer; that’s why false negatives are installed. The factions that could be spied upon are Werewolves and Coven, but not the Vampire and his…

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Admin →
                  • Install mechanisms to involve the dead

Role(s) that involve the dead

Although it is apparent to me that some people hate dead chat and everything that’s happening in there, it might be an interesting addition to the game to let them participate more. Right now there’s only the need to talk when there is a Messiah or when there is a good chance people will be revived, which usually leads to role reveals amongst the dead (with some lying evils in between, perhaps), and some salty comments on what’s happening in the village. When involving the dead they should participate enough, otherwise it will only screw…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Add a new card: the Slut (for lack of a better name)

The Slut is a card that was used at my uni a lot, with the accompanying giggles...

The Slut chooses one person to stay over that night. The Slut cannot choose the same person two nights in a row. The Slut can choose to stay home, but also not two nights in a row.

The Slut is seen visiting by Stalker/Harlot. If an evil role tries to kill the Slut the night she's not at home, the Slut survives. However, if the Slut stays over at somebody's house who dies that night, the Slut dies as well. This gives an…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Admin →
                      • Add a new role: the Dumb-maker (for lack of a good name)

This coven role is a bit like the ToS’ blackmailer (or the ww.es variation as suggested by Lomoinc). But instead of making someone unable to speak, it makes someone unable to read. So the person will see all the portraits who’ve sent messages, but will not see any text (or perhaps some replacement text like ‘Some unintelligible speech’). The person will be able to type themselves, so he’s able to explain his situation, but simply doesn’t know what the others’ response is.

The person cursed by this role can, for example, say things like ‘If you think A, vote for…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Admin →
                        • Add the possibility of rivalling factions

What is there is not one wolfpack? Or one coven? Or one vamp?
                          What if there were multiple rivalling factions? Rivalling factions have to defeat each other as well in order to claim victory...

I take as example in which you have a Red Team coven and a Blue team Coven (among other factions); you can think of better team names but they'll do for now.

People will be identified (by GD checks, BH checks, etc) as not just coven, but coven of a specific faction, so Blue Djinn or Red Witch.

What will be problematic is conflicting night actions,…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • A new category of roles: those that block spells

Two possible implementations

Silencer: one night, all special abilities are useless. Could be any faction. Not my first pick, too crude an ability.

Spellbreaker: village role, silences all witchcraft one night. The definition of witchcraft is the same as for the ‘Witchhunter’. So my intuition is: all coven are blocked, any wolf-aligned magic (shapeshift + other spell users coming in the future), and village magic-users (Seer, Reviver, Protector(?), Tarot Reader, and perhaps other magic users to come in the future).

Either the Spellbreaker prevents magic-users from clicking their ability buttons at all, or will just make sure that they have…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Add a new action: non-lethal visits

Based on Discord chat, with the idea of a Garlic Seller who disables Vamp 1 day.

1. Wolf kill punish (Villager/coven who can eat something poisonous a few times; if wolf eats him that night, wolf is poisoned and can’t go out the next night. If the person consumes the poison for the third time, it’s lethal for himself (It’s like an advanced vanilla bait))
                              2. Seer/BH/Beholder punish (coven who can blind/corrupt a seer-based role: if checked, that person cannot use ability next night)
                              3. Stalker/Harlot punish (lure into a trap? coven-aligned role?)
                              4. Prot/HM punish (if targeted by either,…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Anti-communication role

A village role that can prevent evil factions from gathering in the night, because the village is under close watch/in lockdown. This ability can be used only once or twice, also depending on how it is exactly implemented (see further).

The evil factions can still carry out their role, but they cannot speak in night chat together. You might even go as far as that the evils cannot see the ‘Moderator-notifications’ about how their teammates’ powers are carried out (so you don’t see who of your fellow Werewolves votes for which kill, who your Shaman is going to protect, etc…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Add a new faction/role: Yin and Yang

A duo that is not part of any known faction, and can choose a cooperative play style or compete against each other in order to succeed in the game. At night they can chat with each other, although their avatar’s names will not appear in the chat. Rather two appropriate names like ‘Yin’ and ‘Yang’ are used for this night chat: so one does not know who the other is. Either one of them separately I will call ‘half-god’ or ‘deity’.

In the night chat the half-gods can discuss who they want to kill that night. During these conversations, they…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • A role that describes the event(s) taking place

When there are so many possible ways to explain a certain situation, this role could be very helpful, by stating which events have taken place over night. Perhaps he could confirm whether it was an alpha kill that has been used, for example. I’m not sure if it would be a ‘reveal all role actions’ one-time ability, or a weaker ability that could be used more often/every night. Perhaps he could focus on one faction’s abilities every night, for example, so Wolves/Village/Coven/Vamp.

The role seems most suitable for village.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • ADD FAKE ROLES OMG:

Just when you thought you couldn’t be more annoyed in a setup, lets add some fake roles.

Somebody who has a fake role is given a predetermined or random role (perhaps a random choice from a list of roles that are appropriate to the setting). This person thinks he is really this role, but in fact he has no more power than a villager. His victory condition is just standard village win. Needless to say, this role can be a nuisance just like the Lycan is. Evils that don’t know the role is a fake role, however, may be intimidated…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Add a new role: the Tracker

The village’s ultimate anti-lurk weapon!
                                        This village role can choose one person per night, every once or a limited amount of times, to track the following day. This person will be informed of this person’s activity: when this person comes on and off (a Moderator message stating ‘X has come online’ when this person opens up the corresponding game, and Moderator message stating ‘X has gone offline’ when this person closes the game).

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add a new role: the Warlock

Coven role, who afflicts one person every night. People who vote for this person the next day, get affected: either they cannot use their ability that night or a random kill is made amongst the voters. Both options have some scenario’s in which they are considerably powerful. In general, the roleblock of voters is more powerful in situations where a lot of people vote for the same person, whereas the random kill amongst voters is powerful when votes are scattered amongst the village.
                                          • You can set up a bait lynch by afflicting a Puppet, who then makes sure the…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)