I suggest you ...

Wolf Cultist Role

Cultist is a human on the side of the wolves, he is unknown to the wolves, and the villages, he will appear like a villager to all roles that can query others cards.

Once per night he can nominate a player, this player can use their ability (if any) but will either find it does nothing (werewolf wont attack) or will get the wrong result back (seer will see wrong alignment, gravedigger will get incorrect role, etc)

If attacked by the werewolves there is a 50/50 chance of him becoming a werewolf, he then plays like a normal werewolf player, and is visible as a wolf to seer/grave digger/little girl/batman etc.

Win conditions are the same as the werewolves.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Owen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shabas commented  · 

A question I have is: how would the wrong result look like exactly for each role? My guess/suggestion/considerations are as follows:

A general consideration I have is: when a wrong result is generated for a cultist-corrupted ability (from a uniform probability distribution of the possible results, for example), whether the correct result is a possible outcome as well. In other words: could there be a small chance that the cultist-corrupted ability is actually carried out correctly?

Seer -> a chance to get one of the alignments that is not the person's. But, for example, if there are no coven in play, could the seer see a coven member? A vampire? A demon? The seer would automatically know that the cultist has targeted him that night then. The alternative would be to only allow for factions to show up in the jinxed result that are actually in play. This might be harder to compute.

Gravedigger -> uniformally distributed chance to see one of the roles that does not belong to the player. Just like with the seer, I'm wondering whether you could see roles appear that are known not be in the game, or that you can only see roles that are possible. Once again, the latter configuration might be harder to compute.

Harlot -> How will his result be jinxed? Will they see nothing? But what if the person wasn't actually visited? Will there be some random amount of players visiting (between 0 and 3), with the visiting players selected at random from the village list, (with perhaps the only condition that the randomly generated result does not correspond with the actual result of the harlot check)?

Huntsman -> will the HM simply not defend anyone if he is targeted by cultist, or might he - if his ability is triggered by a killing role - take the wrong person with him into the graveyard? Would this be a random person (possibly the correct person)?

Mason Leader -> No recruit that night or a random recruit?

Militia -> Shoot somebody different, a random person from possible targets

Protector -> Protect somebody different than targeted (random person), or doesn't protect the person he targeted?

Reviver -> Revive a random person, or don't revive at all?

Stalker/Familiar -> Doesn't see his target visiting even if target was moving that night, or a random result from all possibilities (so a chance to see target visiting some random player, whereby 'not visiting anyone' is one of the possibilities)?

Tarot Reader -> Get some crazy result back, or no result at all?

Wolf kill (Alpha/Werewolf/SS) -> No kill, or a random target other than chosen one?

Djinn -> no swap, or random other swap?

Shaman -> No totem(s), or random other totem(s) placement?

Witch -> No use of potion(s), or random use of potion(s) if used that night by witch?

Vampire -> No kill, or random other kill than targeted?

--------------

I'm not sure about the 'turning into a werewolf if a wolf kill target', that's the only part of this role I might not implement. Or, as Vladimir suggested, make it less likely, so the wolves probably won't gamble on it unless they're desperate. Other than that, I think it's a very interesting role. It seems similar to a 'role-blocking' person that might have been implemented lately; if so, this role will have less to add. Either way, before we could implement the role I think we need to come up with a good definition of what the cultist would change to people's abilities, as I've done a first attempt at above.

• Vladimir_Crni commented  · 

I like the idea, but maybe if it was 25% chance of becoming a wolf if he gets attacked, and 75% to die.

• E commented  · 

I am not terribly fond of this role - there is too much luck involved (50/50 werewolf chance? seems OP and random).

Feedback and Knowledge Base